We are seeking System Engineers for our client who is one of the world’s foremost engineering services companies. Operating across 15 countries and employing more than 12,000 personnel they provide product engineering and lifecycle services to a range of high-tech industries including Aerospace & Defence, Transportation (Auto and Rail), Power and Industrial, Oil & Gas and Medical Devices. Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability across the UK.
This is a permanent position based in Edinburgh or Lincoln with some travel to other sites anticipated
We have requirements for individuals at 3 different levels within the Systems Engineering organisation, based on skillset and experience.
Candidates should currently be employed as a Systems Engineer, with experience of the whole lifecycle. Ideally we are looking for RF/EO systems experience, particularly in the development of Radar and EW systems (Including IRCM) but candidates with experience of other aerospace/ defence applications, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation sectors will be considered.
As a principal engineer responsibilities may include:
- Understanding systems requirements, breakdown of requirements to sub-systems.
- Production of engineering management plans
- Production of SOWs and design review documentation
- Lead/support generation of test strategy, test plans & test documentation
- Planning/preparation of integration/test environment, including facilities, test equipment (custom/ COTS), tools & test/simulation software
- Lead/support system integration and test activities, working closely with hardware, software & firmware teams to achieve project milestones/deliverables
- Help to identify, investigate & resolve system integration issues
- Lead/support verification of system & sub-system requirements
- Define verification methods/ tests & show traceability to systems/sub-system requirements
- Support system/sub-system Qualification testing, including generation of test reports
- Lead/support system acceptance test activities
- Participation in design reviews
- Gather test evidence and prepare documentation for Certification/Qualification
- Provide lab-based system demonstrations to customers / partner companies
- Integrate systems on flight trials aircraft and support flight trials
- Support platform integration with customer systems/aircraft, including in-field system software upgrades
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Previous experience of RF or ECM/EW
- Experience of requirements management
- Systems integration and/or test experience of complex, high-reliability systems
- Experience of verification and validation (V&V) activities to achieve certification and acceptance
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to generate high-quality documentation (test specifications, procedures & reports)
- HND/HNC, degree (BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng) in a relevant STEM-based subject or equivalent experience.
Full details of the System Engineering roles is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV.