FINTEC recruit is seeking a Senior /Principal Power Design Engineer and we are delighted to be supporting one of the world’s foremost engineering services companies. Operating across 15 countries and employing more than 12,000 personnel they provide product engineering and lifecycle services to a range of high-tech industries including Aerospace & Defence, Transportation (Auto and Rail), Power and Industrial, Oil & Gas and Medical Devices.
Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability in the UK supporting customers in the Aerospace & Defence industry. The Senior/Principal Power Design Engineer is based in Edinburgh, to support the growth of this team. The
- review, design/ redesign, testing and commissioning of Power Supply Units
- Review of the current Px PSU, comparing it against the new and evolving specification
- PSU Topology Analysis
- Review of how the Power System impacts the performance of the Generator
- Review of System Requirements and partitioning into Power System Requirements. Sub-partitioning into SRI Requirements
- Supporting integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
- Keeping designs under configuration control
- Providing progress report
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
ACDC and DCDC switched mode power supply design.
- Fault diagnosis to component level
- Measurement & Instrumentation systems.
- Electrical & RF Safety.
- You should be familiar with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Electrical power systems.
- You will be familiar with a recognised Schematic and Simulation toolset.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, Simetrix or LT Spice.
- Relevant experience in the Aerospace or Defence industry
- Experience of hardware requirements capture, requirements management tools and formal verification of hardware requirements
- 2:1 honours degree or better in Electronics Engineering or related STEM subject
- UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
Full details available for the Senior /Principal Power Design Engineer on application. To apply please submit your current CV — to email@example.com