We are seeking a Senior or Principal MMIC RF/Microwave engineer for our client who is one of the world’s foremost engineering services companies. Operating across 15 countries and employing more than 12,000 personnel they provide product engineering and lifecycle services to a range of high-tech industries including Aerospace & Defence, Transportation (Auto and Rail), Power and Industrial, Oil & Gas and Medical Devices. Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability across the UK.
This is a permanent position based in Edinburgh
The Senior or Principal MMIC RF/Microwave engineer would be responsible for design, commissioning and test of MMIC’s on complex avionics systems.
- Creating high-quality and robust MMIC RF/ Microwave circuit designs, using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes
- Providing support to MMIC foundries through development, manufacture and production test verification stages
- Supporting integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
- Documenting and recording deliverables, keeping designs under configuration control & providing regular progress reports
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Experience working in a similar electronics role and level
- At least 5 years’ RF/ Microwave circuit design and test experience including;
- Application of microwave GaAs/ GaN MMIC’s
- S-parameter manipulation
- EM simulation
- Non-linear circuit simulation and modelling
- Matching network design
- Microwave component selection
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following RF/ Microwave design tools:- AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Keysight (Agilent) ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator
- Knowledge and practical design experience of some of the following; MMIC HPA; Vector Control Chip; LNA and wideband switch and phase shifter design techniques; Microwave test including advanced calibration, de-embedding techniques and RFoW; GaAs/GaN MMIC or SiGe RFIC foundry technologies.
- Ability to analyse system requirements and derive detailed hardware requirements
- Experience of debugging & testing new MMIC RF/ Microwave circuit designs
- Previous experience of the full hardware design lifecycle and presenting designs for peer/ formal design reviews
- Self-motivated, with an aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Excellent communication (oral & written) & interpersonal skills
- Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Experience of hardware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- Experience of supervising other RF/ Microwave engineers, planning and managing work for yourself and a small team
- First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science, with specialisation in RF/ Microwave circuit design
Full details of Senior or Principal MMIC RF/Microwave engineer is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV.