We are seeking a Project Engineering Lead/Technical Programme Manager for our client who is one of the world’s foremost engineering services companies. Operating across 15 countries and employing more than 12,000 personnel they provide product engineering and lifecycle services to a range of high-tech industries including Aerospace & Defence, Transportation (Auto and Rail), Power and Industrial, Oil & Gas and Medical Devices. Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability across the UK.
This is a permanent position based in Edinburgh.
An opportunity for a highly motivated Project Engineering Lead/ Technical Programme Manager has arisen within our customer’s organisation to lead the engineering activities on one of their complex avionics projects.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Lead the Engineering activities of a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Deliver Engineering Solutions on time to cost and performance
- Own and manage design compliance against requirements.
- Provide Engineering Support to Operations
- Pro –active management of Engineering Risk and Opportunity
- Define and implement Cost reduction opportunities.
- Define and maintain engineering estimates, plans and schedules.
- Support project manager with monthly status / progress reports.
- Provide primary interface and support to Sales and Marketing Team including off-site support to trials activities.
Degree in an Engineering Discipline or related engineering/science subjects.
The following skills/experience are required:
- Track record in Systems Engineering or Electronics hardware development.
- Well-rounded engineering experiences in all phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle across several projects or programmes and preferably in a number of engineering domains
- Will typically have had prior experience in a Team Leader or Principal Engineer Role.
- Experience of customer/ supplier relations and working within lntegrated Project Teams.
- Able to lead, encourage and share experience and knowledge with all other engineers within the team
- Able to communicate well both verbally and written with engineering team and with other functions such as Operations, Procurement, QA and Programme Management, and with Customer and multiple suppliers.
- Able to influence and drive change within the team.
- A broad experience of Design experience, preferably in products for military applications.
- Experience of the application & management of a design lifecycle.
- Experience in negotiating and writing requirements specifications.
- Experience in communicating directly with customers both internal and external.
Full details of the Project Engineering Lead/Technical Programme Manager is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV